- Windows Vista,
- Windows 7,
- Windows 8,
- Windows 8.1
Download Winginx and run it. Follow instructions of the installation wizard.
Winginx does not create entries in Windows to uninstall, later you can rename the installation folder, move it to another location (including an external storage device, HDD, USB-flash drive, memory card) or remove Winginx by removing the installation folder.
Full installation takes up about 100 MB of disk space.
Welcome to Winginx!
When the server is started, type in your favorite browser a URL http://localhost/ to test the server installation. You will see 'It works! Welcome to Winginx!' if it's alright.
To test PHP please visit: http://localhost/phpinfo.php.
Let the Winginx root be an installation folder, where Winginx has been installed. Here and below we call this winginx.
- winginx\winginx.exe — Winginx web server manager
- winginx\php-config.exe — Winginx PHP5 Config
- winginx\hostseditor.exe — HostsEditor (editing the hosts file)
The following 2 files are system:
- winginx\nginx.exe — nginx executable
- winginx\sendmail.exe — sendmail stub
- winginx\home — root folders for a virtual hosts, called by domain names
- winginx\conf — nginx config
- winginx\temp — temporary folder, you can trash it from time to time
- winginx\temp\mail — PHP scripts sends mailings to this folder and then processed by Local Mail Viewer
- winginx\logs — virtual hosts access logs